1. Our NEXT VIDEO CHAT!- RESCHEDULED
Summer Book Study Video Chat #2 - Tuesday, August 14th @ 6:00 pm (Strategies 4-7)
2. Our Fear ~ It's Personal
Oh my, Chapter 6. Worst than lions, tigers, and bears because it involves confronting our own fears. When we think about fears, there's something uncanny, painful, shacky and nerve-ending about this chapter. If you had a chance to read this chapter you may have found that the phrases, words, and paragraphs reminded you of a time in your life where you may have felt paralyzed and left frozen (for a time) in your Christian walk.
"If I were your enemy, I'd magnify your fears, making them appear insurmountable, intimidating you with enough worries until avoiding the becomes your motivation".
"When you hear the word faith, all I'd want you to hear is 'unnecessary risk'." (FerVent, page 105)
3. The "BUT" Clause
Our walk is a walk of faith, our Father told us in John 16:33 the following:
“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world, you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”
Notice the underlined sentence? BUT take heart! I have overcome the world. What does this mean? It means there is hope for us all. Even when we are afraid or fearful, God has given us a strategy...Prayer. The difference maker.
We have a destiny and calling. The enemy desires to derail us from our calling, but if you listen closely, read closely and pray fervently, well that's the strategy for fighting back. Take to heart the following verses...
· 2 Timothy 1:7 - for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
· Psalm 56:3-4 - When I am afraid, I put my trust in you. In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I shall not be afraid. What can flesh do to me?
· John 14:27 - Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.
· Jeremiah 29:11- For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.
4. Ending the Reign of Guilt, Shame, and Regret - Strategy 5 => Your Past
5. Confronting Your Worries, Claiming Your Calling
(running time 7:18 minutes)
Oh, princesses of faith...remember
Prayer “empowers and ‘charges up’ every other piece so they can be used effectively against the enemy. Without prayer… your armor, cannot, will not, be infused with the power that only God’s-Spirit can give."
Know that through the Holy Spirit you can:
· do things you couldn't;
· feel things you didn't; and
· know things you wouldn't.
GO! PLAYLIST...For your praise and worship:
GO! 8/6/18- New feature, contains a playlist of songs and Books of the Bible (from Bible Project) for your praise and worship time.
· Rescheduled online chat- Tuesday, August 14th. Details will be sent to participants
Summer reading has begun!
Have you started the summer reading yet? If not, it's not too late! Below is the July 2018 schedule:
NEW DAY ~~ July 2018 Reading Sections (Strategies 4-7)=> Pages 71-132 ~ Online Call=> August 14th Please spread the word as you may know someone else who would like to join us reading this summer. Happy reading!
Fervent, A Woman's Battle Plan to Serious, Specific and Strategic Prayer by Priscilla Shirer
Remember, each day is an opportunity for us to...
Lead, Serve and GO!