January 4, 2016
Good Morning Ladies!
"The Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law." Galatians 5:22-23
This week we will discuss PEACE. In thinking about this one word, please take some time today or this week to pray and mediate on the following to start this new year 2016:
Philippians 4:7- And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. (NIV)
Numbers 6:24-26- “The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face shine on you and be gracious to you; the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace.” (NIV)
It is abundantly clear that only the Lord can give us Peace. We can obtain Peace by:
1. Accepting God's grace on Calvary (Jesus' death on the cross- the reconciliation) brought peace to us. Peace belongs to Christ, we must receive it from Him. (Colossians 1:19-20 and John 14:27)
2. Experiencing His Peace through the Holy Spirit (a quality of the fruit of the Spirit). The filling of the Holy Spirit releases the power of His peace. (Romans 15:13 and Galatians 5:22)
3. Keeping our minds focused and stayed on Christ. Through prayer and petition, the peace of God sustains our abundant life. (Philippians 4:6-7)
God sent us the Holy Spirit as our comforter, to guide us and to release in us a spirit-filled life.
Through the Holy Spirit, we can have Peace in our aloneness, in times of provision, in our storms, in our waiting, in our tears and in His plan for our lives. We are children of God. His princesses. Believe it!
Know that through the Holy Spirit you can:
• do things you couldn't;
• feel things you didn't; and
• know things you wouldn't.
For your praise and worship:
Philippians 4:7 - (F. Hammond)
Closer/Wrap Me In Your Arms - (W. McDowell)
• Remember to keep practicing our memory verse in sign language. We will practice on January 5th! Galatians 5:22-23- Fruit of the Spirit (verse with sign language) (est 6:22)
• Week 5 Homework- we will be discussing Peace.
• Our next meeting will be Tuesday, January 5, 2016- Stark County Library, Innovation Center (Main Campus).
• Spread the word and invite someone to Session 2 as we continue our conversation and study about life in the Holy Spirit in Fruit of the Spirit- Living Beyond Yourself.
Remember, each day is an opportunity for us to...
Lead, Serve, GO!
Each day we have an opportunity to be the light and salt God has called us to be to others. Matthew 5:13-16 (NIV)