· Face-to-Face- See You in 2018 => Tuesday, February 6th @ 6:00 pm (2nd Floor Meeting Room, Main Library)
· Online - New Time/Day-- Sunday, February 11th @ 4:00 pm (look for a message with the online link)
Ephesians 6:18 tells us that praying at all times in the Spirit, will infuse the armor and through the Holy Spirit we will be given the strength we need to be the ambassadors (the warrior princesses) to fulfill our ministry He has called us to for this time; this season
1. A Foundational Premise...Obedience
"His leading is only for those who are already committed to do as He may choose. To such it may be said: 'God is able to speak loud enough to make a willing soul hear'." Lewis Sperry Chafer
Happy February... we are still in week 1 of our study and a couple of words will become the foundation of our conversations over the course of this study.
O-B-E-D-I-E-N-C-E. O-B-E-Y. S-U-R-R-E-N-D-E-R.
According to Merriam Webster's Dictionary, the following words mean:
· an act or instance of obeying
· the quality or state of being obedient
· to follow the commands or guidance of
· to conform to or comply with
· to yield to the power, control, or possession of another upon compulsion or demand
· to give up completely or agree to forgo especially in favor of another
What's the key to unlocking God's blessing? Take a look at the following verses:
Luke 11:28 - He replied, “Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it.”
Matthew 16:24-25 -24 Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me. 25 For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will find it.
John 6:38 - For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me.
Think about past studies, David, Abraham, Moses, Paul, Jesus...
As Priscilla states in this current study, "the one word upon which freedom, fulfillment, and victory hinges for all of us."
David obeyed. Abraham obeyed. Moses obeyed. Paul obeyed. Jesus obeyed.
Will we ...OBEY?
Over the next week, re-read the scriptures above again, meditate and pray over the 3 words above.
Oh, princesses of faith...remember
Prayer “empowers and ‘charges up’ every other piece so they can be used effectively against the enemy. Without prayer… your armor, cannot, will not, be infused with the power that only God’s-Spirit can give."
Know that through the Holy Spirit you can:
· do things you couldn't;
· feel things you didn't; and
· know things you wouldn't.
GO! PLAYLIST...For your praise and worship:
Discerning the Voice of God- How to Recognize When God Speaks by Priscilla Shirer
· This 7-session Bible study will help you to discover the root to clear and daily communication with God - humble obedience. Learn how surrender unlocks His many blessings intended for us, centers us in His will, and helps us discern His voice in everyday life.
Remember, each day is an opportunity for us to...
Lead, Serve and GO!