· Online - New Time/Day-- Saturday, April 14th @ 3:00 pm (a message with the online link will be sent)- Week 3
· Face-to-Face- See You in 2018 => Tuesday, May 15 @ 6:00 pm (2nd Floor Meeting Room, Main Library)-- Week 7
1. GO! Discipleship
In Discerning the Voice of God, Week 5, Priscilla Shirer comments that "we must be vested in the assignment". Are you vested?
I love the quote by Charles Swindoll. I think that's exactly how we sometimes respond to God when he gives us direction and it doesn't fit our agenda! Noticed I wrote "our agenda". We seem to forget that we were created for God's glory.
(Genesis 1:27, 1:31, Colossians 1:16, Revelation 4:11)
Did you have an opportunity to read Matthew 28:18-20 and meditate on the passage? If not, you're in luck, the passage is listed below!
Take a look at the passage, however in addition to focusing on the assignment terms => Go...make disciples, take a look at the statement in red, "...I am with you always, to the end of the age".
18 Then Jesus came near and said to them, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. 19 Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,20 teaching them to observe everything I have commanded you. And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”
2. I am with you always, to the end of the age...
As Christians, we are His sheep. Take a look at John 12:26:
Whoever serves me must follow me; and where I am, my servant also will be. My Father will honor the one who serves me.
Each of us has been created and fitted by God to fulfill the particular ministry He’s chosen specifically for us. We have been placed on this earth not simply to enjoy ourselves, accumulate wealth, and achieve prominence but to serve the Lord. Our responsibility is to respond with obedience to His call. (Excerpt from In Touch Ministries, January 2018)
This week in the Godcast, enjoy a 1-minute devotion from Steven Furtick about total surrender.
God promised to always be with us, always. Trust. Believe.
Oh, princesses of faith...remember
Prayer “empowers and ‘charges up’ every other piece so they can be used effectively against the enemy. Without prayer… your armor, cannot, will not, be infused with the power that only God’s-Spirit can give."
Know that through the Holy Spirit you can:
· do things you couldn't;
· feel things you didn't; and
· know things you wouldn't.
GO! PLAYLIST...For your praise and worship: GO! 4/9/18
Discerning the Voice of God- How to Recognize When God Speaks by Priscilla Shirer
· This 7-session Bible study will help you to discover the root to clear and daily communication with God - humble obedience. Learn how surrender unlocks His many blessings intended for us, centers us in His will, and helps us discern His voice in everyday life.
Remember, each day is an opportunity for us to...
Lead, Serve and GO!