· Face-to-Face- See You in 2018 => Tuesday, March 20th @ 6:00 pm (Innovation Center, Main Library)-- Week 5
· Online - New Time/Day-- Sunday, March 25th @ 4:00 pm (a message with the online link has been sent)- Week 4
Ephesians 6:18 tells us that praying at all times in the Spirit, will infuse the armor and through the Holy Spirit we will be given the strength we need to be the ambassadors (the warrior princesses) to fulfill our ministry He has called us to for this time; this season
1. Helper, Advocate, Teacher, Counselor, and Guide
Just a quick excerpt from last week:
· Living in the fullness of God- the Holy Spirit is a daily process of asking Christ to continually fill us with the Holy Spirit.
· Asking God to continue to fill us so that we can be obedient so that we can experience the fullness of God is a daily occurrence.
· We need the Holy Spirit each day to guide us.
This week, let's take a look at a chief responsibility of the Holy Spirit...helper, advocate, teacher, counselor, and guide. (Courtesy of In Touch Ministries, Daily Devotion, March 10, 2018)
John 14:25-26 New International Version (NIV)
25 “All this I have spoken while still with you. 26 But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.
If you are going to take instruction from someone, you want to be certain that person is well qualified, right? It’s interesting, then, that so many believers neglect the greatest Bible teacher available. We read religious books, survey friends, and ask a Sunday school class before we decide to get on our knees and consult the true Authority. While those sources can point us in the right direction, only the Holy Spirit illuminates God’s Word to our hearts and minds.
Asking someone to explain Scripture seems easier than seeking to understand it through the Spirit’s power. But consider what a person misses in bypassing Him. Who better to instruct believers about the Word’s depth and breadth than the One who wrote it? (See, 2 Peter 1:20-21.) The Spirit laid His message on each human author’s heart, and the writers dutifully recorded it in their own unique voices.
Furthermore, as a member of the Holy Trinity, the Spirit knows the mind of God (1 Corinthians 2:10). He is often called the Spirit of truth, because He understands everything. The Holy Spirit recognizes our emotional and mental state and can identify exactly where we are in our Christian walk. Therefore, He can reveal to our mind the passages that will encourage, challenge, or convict us as needed.
We have a teacher of divine quality. He will help us to learn and grow, guide us through difficult passages, and shed light on why the Lord allows certain challenges in our life. When it comes to aiding God’s people to know His Word, no one is more qualified than His Spirit.
Next week, The Holy Spirit, the breath of life.
Oh, princesses of faith...remember
Prayer “empowers and ‘charges up’ every other piece so they can be used effectively against the enemy. Without prayer… your armor, cannot, will not, be infused with the power that only God’s-Spirit can give."
Know that through the Holy Spirit you can:
· do things you couldn't;
· feel things you didn't; and
· know things you wouldn't.
For your praise and worship: GO! 3/12/18
Discerning the Voice of God- How to Recognize When God Speaks by Priscilla Shirer
· This 7-session Bible study will help you to discover the root to clear and daily communication with God - humble obedience. Learn how surrender unlocks His many blessings intended for us, centers us in His will, and helps us discern His voice in everyday life.
Remember, each day is an opportunity for us to...
Lead, Serve and GO!